This 8-hour training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to appropriate care.
WHO SHOULD TAKE IT?
WHAT IT COVERS:
• Common signs and symptoms of mental illness.
• Common signs and symptoms of substance use.
• How to interact with a person in crisis.
• How to connect the person with help.
• NEW: How to administer naloxone in the event of an opioid overdose.
The course will teach you how to apply the ALGEE action plan:
• Assess for risk of suicide or harm
• Listen non judgmentally
• Give reassurance and information
• Encourage appropriate professional help
• Encourage self-help and other support strategies